Thursday, August 10, 2017

5 Profound Book Quotes

I read for fun. I read to escape reality, but sometimes an author pen's a line that just sticks with me. Sometimes, I stumble across something so profound it follows me out of the fantasy world within the novel I'm reading and into the real world. The following are five quotes that not only have stuck with me, but have changed how I look at the world.

"Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)." - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

 "The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - J.D. Salinger, Catcher in the Rye

"Better never means better for everyone... It always means worse, for some." - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything." - Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Of course it's happening inside your head, Harry, but why on Earth should that mean it's not real?" - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter



Do you have any book quotes that have stuck with you or stand out as profound? Share in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Indie Book Goal 2018